- COURSEMain Course
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts approx. 1 lb. / 450g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- All-purpose flour for dredging
- 1 tablespoon 15ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 30g butter, divided
- 1 whole head of garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 cup 120ml chicken broth or stock
- 1/2 teaspoon 2.5ml lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon 1.25ml garlic powder
- 1 cup 240ml heavy/whipping cream
- Chopped parsley for garnish optional
Begin by cutting the chicken breasts in half lengthwise, creating 4 smaller cutlets. Season them generously with salt and pepper, then coat them in flour.
Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, sauté the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side, or until beautifully golden. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set it aside.
Reduce the heat to medium (or medium-low for cast iron) and add the remaining butter to the pan. Allow it to melt, then add the peeled garlic cloves. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the garlic cloves turn lightly browned on the outside.
Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and garlic powder to the pan. Let it bubble for approximately 4 minutes or until the liquid is noticeably reduced.
Stir in the heavy cream, then return the chicken to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, and the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the Creamy Garlic Chicken hot, garnished with freshly chopped parsley if desired. Prepare to be swept away by the enticing aromas and heavenly flavors!
For a twist, consider adding a splash of white wine or a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese to the sauce.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, simmer it for a few additional minutes until it reaches your desired consistency.
Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your taste preferences.