Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Servings: 6
Quick, easy, and one heck of a delicious meal perfect for busy days and busy bees like myself. Tender, juicy chicken in a creamy garlic sauce, what more can you ask for?
2 tbsp olive oil divided
1.5 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless
3 garlic cloves crushed
8 oz button mushrooms halved
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 oz Light cream cheese softened
1 tablespoon fresh chopped curly parsley
How to make Creamy Chicken Mushroom
Step 1: In a pan, heat a tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat.
Step 2: Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. When done, remove from the pan, cover to keep warm, and set aside.
Step 3: In the same pan, heat the rest of the 1 tbsp oil. Saute the garlic until aromatic. Add in the mushrooms and cook until a bit golden brown.
Step 4: In the meantime, whisk the cornstarch with 2 tbsp water in a small bowl until completely dissolved. Pour the broth and the cornstarch mixture into the pan.
Step 5: Season with salt and pepper and cook until the mixture begins to bubble.
Step 6: Add in the cream cheese and stir well until the sauce has thickened and smooth.
Step 7: Place the chicken breast back to the pan and spoon the hot sauce over.
Step 8: Before serving, garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy warm.
1. You can use any oil for this recipe.
2. The leanest option is using chicken breasts, but you can also use boneless chicken thighs, steaks, salmon, or shrimp.
3. I recommend light cream cheese for this recipe. Or heavy cream or coconut milk for a keto-friendly option.
4. You can use either chicken or vegetable broth. Alternately, water if the two are not available. It is a must to use mushrooms for this recipe. And your other option would be broccoli, green beans, spinach, and zucchini.
5. For leftovers, place them in a container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
6. To reheat, put in the microwave.
7. Or freeze up to 3 months.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 645mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 346IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg