– 6 oz pie crust, 9-inch, refrigerated
– 2 tsp olive oil
– 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
– 1 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
– 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
– 1 large egg
– 2 large egg white
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
– 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
– 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or more to taste
– 10 oz frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
– 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
TIP: Not a broccoli fan? Substitute spinach in its place.
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Press pie crust into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch, removable-bottom tart pan or a 9-inch pie pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
To make filling, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 3 minutes.
Transfer onion to a large bowl and add ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, egg, egg whites, mustard, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well and fold in broccoli. Spoon mixture into prepared crust and level surface with a wooden spoon; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped dill.
Bake until a knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing into 8 pieces.
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 slice (1/8th of quiche)
Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers Points